Apple iPad - 2017
Pros & Cons
If you want a pure tablet experience, the iPad platform delivers the best overall package. That's why we picked the iPad Air 2 to top our Best Tablets feature this past holidays. However, Apple's iPad for 2017 delivers a weird combination of a more affordable price tag at the expense of a slightly thicker and heavier tablet (it's almost identical to the first-gen Air). This new iPad gets a faster A9 SoC though, so combine that with excellent battery life and you get a great all-around tablet that costs less than ever before.
Apple iPad 10.9" (10th-gen)
See it on Amazon: $439
TechSpot MetascoreBased on 49 expert reviews
TechSpot is supported by its audience. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. Learn more.
- Long battery life
- More affordable than before
- Beautiful 9.7-inch screen
- Faster performance than the model it replaces
Reviewers Didn't Like
- Single, bottom-firing speaker
- No smart connector for keyboards
- It's a bit thicker and heavier than the iPad Air 2