Download Fortnite Battle Royale for Windows, macOS or Android. Compete to be the last one standing in 100 player PvP.
Similar to 22
Build. Battle. Create. Fortnite Battle Royale is the always free, always evolving, multiplayer game where you and your friends battle to be the last one standing in an intense 100 player PvP mode.
Why is Fortnite so popular?
Fortnite became more than a game, a cultural phenomenon. This battle royale game offers an intersection of features that made it popular with young players who used the game to meet and chat, in addition to play together and stream their gameplay. Developer Epic Games has also done a great job of keeping the game fresh with in-game events, seasons, weapons, skins and game modes.
Fortnite was also made popular by its free to play model and availability on a multitude of platforms including PC, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, iOS* and Android. This attracts a wide and diverse player base. Finally, its building mechanic sets it apart from other battle royale games and gives gameplay an extra layer to master and have fun.
Is Fortnite appropriate for kids?
Fortnite has a Teen rating and is intended for kids 13 years old and older. However, there are various factors to take under consideration besides the official ESRB rating. There is violence in the game (no blood), chat and voice chat with other players, and gaming can become addictive and time consuming.
How many players can play in a Fortnite match?
A standard Fortnite match consists of up to 100 players. You can play solo, in duos, or in squads of up to four. The number of players in a match can vary depending on the game mode, however. For example, the Fortnite Creative mode allows players to create their own custom maps and invite their friends to play on them, and the number of players on these maps is limited only by the size of the map.
Save the World
The Storm came without warning and 98% of the world's population vanished ... then came the monsters. You and up to four players lead the world's remaining Heroes in a battle to save survivors and hold back the monster hordes. Explore a large, destructible world where no two games are ever the same. Build huge forts, craft exotic weapons, find loot and level up your Heroes.
Fortnite Battle Royale is the completely free 100-player PvP mode in Fortnite. One giant map. A battle bus. Fortnite building skills and destructible environments combined with intense PvP combat. The last one standing wins.
Build your Fortnite. Imagine a place where you make the rules, filled with your favorite things and your favorite people. Claim your own personal island and start creating! Design your own games. Invent games with friends, and build your dream Fortnite experiences. Your island, your friends, your rules.
On mobile, Fortnite is the same 100-player PvP game you know from PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and Mac. Same map, same gameplay, same weekly updates. Build your fort as you battle to be the last one standing. Jump in and squad up with friends around the world or in the same room.
Band together online to build extravagant forts, find or build insane weapons and traps and protect your towns from the strange Monsters that emerge during the Storm. In an action experience from the only company smart enough to attach chainsaws to guns, get out there to push back the Storm and save the world. And don't forget to Loot all the things.
Become MEGA in Fortnite Battle Royale Chapter 4 Season 2. Ride the grind rails of "MEGA City" and swerve on its streets on a sports bike. Go beyond the neon towers to the rest of the new biome: cause Havoc at "Steamy Springs," drive a Nitro Drifter to the "Drift Ridge" car track, sharpen your Kinetic Blade skills at "Kenjutsu Crossing," and more!
The Fortnite Creative v24.00 updates includes the new AI Navigation Modification device, new items from Battle Royale, UI and device updates, new Prefabs and Galleries, plus bug fixes.
AI Navigation Device
The AI Navigation Modification device creates a zone that can be used to block AI from navigating an area. Through this device, you can set volume parameters and shapes. You can also modify the navigation to either block or avoid areas.
New Device Names
To improve discoverability, we've renamed the following devices:
- "Sequencer" to "Pulse Trigger"
- "Attribute Trigger" to "Attribute Evaluator"
BR Stuff Now in Creative
From Battle Royale's Chapter 4 Season 2 comes the following features to incorporate in your islands:
- Havoc Suppressed Assault Rifle
- Havoc Pump Shotgun
- Kinetic Blade
- Rogue Bike
Event Browser Updates (for islands converted to the direct event binding system)
- Improved teleporting to device.
- UI visual updates.
- Added filtering and text search functionality.
Creative AI Debugger / Debug Menu
- Added a new debug menu for island owners to toggle the navmesh display and invincibility when testing their own islands, accessible in the My Island tabs.
- The debug menu has the following options and will be expanded in the future:Debug
- Master switch of all debug options.
- Toggle navigation mesh display. Navigation mesh will only be generated when the island has at least a valid AI Spawner, like the Creature Spawner, Wildlife Spawner, or Guard Spawner.
- Toggle "Invincible" for players to ignore damage during the game.
New "Slow Motion on End of Round" My Island setting, which will enable or disable the slow motion effect when a round ends.
Prefab and Gallery Updates
Added 10 New Slappy Shores Prefabs:
- Slappy Shores Abandoned Factory
- Slappy Shores Apartments
- Slappy Shores Bridge
- Slappy Shores Houses A
- Slappy Shores Houses B
- Slappy Shores Houses C
- Slappy Shores Octo Inc.
- Slappy Shores Slap Factory
- Slappy Shores Slurp Room
- Slappy Shores Water Plant
- Added 5 New Slappy Shores Galleries:
- Slappy Shores Floor & Stair Gallery
- Slappy Shores Wall & Roof Gallery
- Slappy Shores Graffiti Wall Gallery
- Slappy Shores Bridge Gallery
- Slappy Shores Prop Gallery
- Added 3 New Chapter 4 Galleries:
- Chapter 4 Nature Gallery Temperate
- Chapter 4 Rock Gallery
- Chapter 4 Cliff Gallery
Additional Slappy Shores Galleries will be made available in a later release.
Prefab & Gallery Fixes
- Fixed a small preview boundary issue with the Door Prop Gallery.
- Fixed an issue with Cyber City Building Prop Gallery A and the Modern Interior Prop Gallery where individual assets had grayed-out icons.
- Fixed leave piles from the Chapter 4 Nature Gallery being deleted when being copied using the phone tool.
- Fixed being unable to place orange leaves with the phone tool from the Citadel Main Keep Prefab.
- Fixed upgraded Guard Spawner devices spawning Trespasser guards instead of IO guards when set to Guard Type: IO.
- Fixed upgraded Wildlife Spawner devices missing the Maximum Tamed Wildlife and Maximum Hired Guards options.
- Fixed upgraded Visual Effect Powerup devices missing an Infinite Duration option.
- Fixed upgraded Creature Spawner devices not allowing Total Spawn Limit options with values greater than 1 to function as expected.
- Fixed upgraded Vending Machine devices requiring resources when the items have been set to No Cost.
- Fixed an issue when using the Advanced Storm Controller and Advanced Storm Beacon devices where the final phase of Storms would close immediately when Wait Time was set to 0 seconds.
- Fixed the "Allow Slide Kick" option being missing on upgraded islands' My Island settings.
- Fixed Snow and Medieval wildlife not dropping loot on elimination.
- Fixed upgraded islands not being able to set Max Players above 50.
- Fixed loot failing to spawn when using the Birthday Presents! consumable.
- Fixed players being unable to flip the X-4 Stormwing when it is upside down.
- Fixed hired guards not following expected actions in certain circumstances such as mimicking the player's stance, crouching when they crouch, and entering vehicles that players enter.
- Fixed a problem where some assets could appear with default textures based on certain graphical settings.
- Fixed an issue in Battle Royale Islands where target bots were generating their own set of spawn points separate from players, which caused team groupings to be incorrect if a team had bots and players on it and the team was supposed to be grouped together.
Previous release notes
The Fortnite v23.50 update has changes to the Hiding Prop Gallery and Pop-up Dialog device, plus updates to the Loot Controller and Map Settings device on Battle Royale Islands. v23.50 also adds the Shifty Shafts Prefabs and Galleries, and additional assets in several other Galleries, along with bug fixes for Prefabs, Galleries, devices, and more.
Hiding Props Update: Hidden Travel
Hiding props give players a place to hide, but now players can also travel from one hiding prop to another! Any hiding prop can be assigned to a group using the Hidden Travel Group option. You can set other hiding props to send players to another group of hiding props using the Hidden Travel Target Group option. If you've enabled the Hidden Travel option on a prop, a player who hides inside it will travel to the target hiding prop and jump out. If you have the prop set to random selection, you can also set it to avoid repeats whenever possible. Keep in mind that when a hiding prop is enabled, it will be invulnerable if it is set up for hidden travel. For more information, see the Hiding Prop Gallery page in our official documentation.
Pop-ip Dialog Update: Rich Text Editor
With the Pop-up Dialog device, you can now use a rich text editor when typing in the dialog text. This gives you options for styling the text in different ways. Click the Edit Text button next to the Description option to open the editor in a new full-screen interface. For more details, see the updated Pop-up Dialog Devices page in our documentation.
Prefab and Galley Updates
- New Shifty Shafts Prefabs:
- Shifty Shafts Mine A
- Shifty Shafts Mine B
- Shifty Shafts Mine C
- New Shifty Shafts Galleries:
- Shifty Shafts Building Gallery
- Shifty Shafts Prop Gallery
- Sanctuary Mighty Monument Gallery: Added destroyed statue assets.
- Door Gallery: Added more door variants.
- Pirate Ship Gallery: Added destroyed ship assets.
- Chapter 4 Nature Gallery: Added three Autumn bush variants.
- Cloud Prop Gallery: Added four clouds that have no collision properties.
- Battle Royale Island Loot Controller has new options:
- Restrict Health Items (Yes/No)
- Restrict Shield Items (Yes/No)
- Allow Consumable Items in Loot (Yes/No)
- Allow Weapons in Loot (Yes/No)
- Allow Ammo in Loot (Yes/No)
- Battle Royale Island Loot Controller loot pools were updated to match current Battle Royale items. Primal items were removed from loot pools.
- Battle Royale Island Loot Controller has new options for islands converted to direct event binding:
- On Common Chest Looted
- On Rare Chest Looted
- On Produce Box Looted
- On Ammo Box Looted
- On Cash Register Looted
- Battle Royale Island Map Settings Device has added a new option to turn Reality Augments on or off. If the option is turned on, all released Reality Augments will be available to players on Battle Royale Islands.
- The Accolade device is now available in Battle Royale Islands.
Prefab and Galley Fixes
- Fixed an issue where the indestructible Quarry Cube from The Citadel Prop Gallery displayed destruction effects if it was near another prop that was destructible.
- Fixed an issue where some brace walls flipped when The Citadel Prefabs were placed.
- Fixed an issue where terrain pieces in the Chapter 4 Nature Gallery were being placed outside of the preview volume. Fixed a missing thumbnail for an individual asset in the Chapter 4 Nature Gallery.
- Fixed an issue where the individual prop images for Cyber City Prop Gallery A were not showing.
- Fixed an issue where the field lines on the Sports Gallery's soccer field asset were floating above the field.
Event Binding Fixes
- Fixed an issue where some devices were not displaying Events and Functions tabs when a Battle Royale Island was converted to the direct event binding system.
- Fixed an issue where guards that were hired with the Auto Hire When Spawned function would not transmit When Hired Transmit On events.
- Fixed an issue where guards would spawn in a Downed But Not Out state while inside a Barrier device.
- Fixed an issue with the Guard Spawner device where the Disable and Despawn options would only affect one guard at a time.
- Fixed an issue where Player Counter devices could not count Target Bots in Battle Royale Islands.
- Fixed an issue where changing the Interact Time option on a Timer device would change the interaction time for Create mode to the same amount of time.
- Fixed an issue where My Island settings would override customized options in a Down But Not Out device.
- Fixed an issue where the Ball Spawner device would not interact with a Capture Area.
- Fixed an issue where Target Bots in Battle Royale Islands could not receive items using an Item Granter device.
- Fixed an issue where the Class Selector UI would appear even if the UI was disabled in the device options.
Upgraded Device Fixes
- Fixed an issue where a Tracker device's Stat to Track option would change to an incorrect value when an island was converted to upgraded devices. This occurred when the Stat to Track option was set to Channel before converting, and the option value changed to None after converting the island. The Channel value now correctly changes to Event after converting the island.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from interacting with Timer devices that have the Applies To option set to Player and the Can Interact option set to Yes when there was a second Timer that had the Applies To option set to the default.
- Fixed an issue where sprinting players were unable to crouch correctly when the Allow Sliding option in My Island > Settings was set to Off.
- Fixed an issue where a thrown Cow Catcher on an island could not be destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where Slap Berries would spawn on the ground instead of the appropriate bushes in Battle Royale Islands.
- Fixed an issue where items did not spawn correctly on some older islands.
- Fixed an issue where creators could not place Prefabs or Galleries at different distances.
Fortnite 23.30 changelog:
The v23.30 update in Save the World brings the second and third week of Wargames, an update to when several questlines change, and a reloading change. Also, certain Heroes become available once again!
Wargames Week 2: Mist Pods
Week 2 begins Thursday, February 2, 2023! Peas are in the pod and bosses are in the base. Take down the Mist Pods quickly or else tougher enemies will emerge!
Wargames Week 3: Space Rocks
Week 3 starts Thursday, February 9! It's all coming down in this Wargames simulation — defend your fort while massive meteorites pour in.
With the start of the Mild Meadows Venture Season, we'll be adjusting the end dates of questlines available during the Season. We're making this adjustment because having too many narrative quests running simultaneously can make it hard to follow the stories, especially for new and returning players who join late in a season. The following questlines have had their end date changed, or have been moved from the Season.
- The Blockbuster questline remains unchanged and will last the entire Season (to April 5, 2023).
- The No Dancing questline has been shortened to four weeks and will run from February 9 to March 8, 2023.
- The Valor questine will run for four weeks, from March 9 to April 5, 2023.
- The Brawl of the Wild questline has been moved from this Venture Season and will return in the next Venture Season.
No Dancing Questline
Get ready for Love Defense 101.
The dreaded Love Storm has returned and according to our most trusted Major, this is an extremely dangerous threat! Stop this lovely phenomenon from hitting Homebase to have the "premiere matchmaker" Stoneheart Farrah join your squad after completing the questline.
- Standard Perk: Cupid's Arrow
- Arrows splinter on Bow hit, dealing 20% damage to 3 nearby targets.
- Commander Perk: Cupid's Arrow+
- Arrows splinter on Bow hit, dealing 60% damage to 5 nearby targets.
The Heroes Razor and Kurohomura are available again! They can be earned via the Arcade Cabinet quests. If you've already completed these quests but don't have the heroes, you'll receive them in a gift box in-game. They can also be recruited from the Collection Book.
New Reloading Gameplay Changes
Most ranged weapons in Save the World can now be reloaded while you're aiming down sights, making it easier to keep a bead on your target as you're reloading. Weapons with a zoom scope are the exception - those will retain the old behavior and pull out to the regular third-person view while reloading.
Event and Weekly Store
Snuggle Specialist Sarah - February 2 at 7PM ET
- Standard Perk: Tail of the Dragon
- Dragon Slash leaves behind an energized trail, dealing 26 base Energy Damage per second.
- Commander Perk: Tail of the Dragon+
- Dragon Slash leaves behind an energized trail, dealing 64 base Energy Damage per second and slowing enemies by 30% for 3 seconds.
Love Ranger Jonesy - February 9 at 7PM ET
- Standard Perk: Power Impact
- Increases Shockwave radius by 37.5%.
- Commander Perk: Power Impact+
- Increases Shockwave radius by 112.5%.
The Heartbreaker Crossbow - February 9 AT 7PM ET
This piercing bow is skilled at breaking two things: hearts and Husks.
- A number of important bug fixes were included in the v23.30 game update, including:
- Fixed a variety of terrain issues in the Autumn Foothills Biome.
- This includes locations that would potentially eliminate the character, certain objectives being partially in terrain, tracks being unplaceable for Deliver the Bomb missions.
- Fixed an issue where the player would be unable to hear footsteps.
- Fixed an issue where players could accidentally mount and ride wildlife while hoverboading.
Previous release notes
Fortnite Battle Royale v23.10 Hotfix: Guardian Shield + Midseason Drops
The v23.10 January 3 hotfix brings a new protective item, the Guardian Shield, to Battle Royale, and kicks off weeks of new, earnable rewards via Midseason Drops.
Protect the Squad with the Guardian Shield
With swords flying and hammers slamming, a little extra cover goes a long way.
Findable from Oathbound Chests, the Guardian Shield deploys a protective barrier in front of you which blocks incoming damage. This shield can be raised as mobile cover while you and the squad are on the move, or thrown to the ground for stationary, sustained protection. The barrier won't last forever, so keep your eyes on the shield's changing color to indicate when it's about to run out.
Midseason Drops Bring More Style
Unlock more drip each week with Midseason Drops!.
With the v23.10 January 3 hotfix, the first Midseason Drop has, well… dropped. Midseason Drops are a new addition this Season, and are obtainable alt Styles for Chapter 4 Season 1 Battle Pass Outfits! Starting this week, earn 10 Account Levels to obtain a fresh look for Selene. In the following four weeks, keep earning Account Levels and obtain Midseason Drops for Massai, Doom Slayer, Dusty, and Nezumi.
The Midseason Drops are viewable in the Midseason Drops section of the Battle Pass tab. Jump in-game, level up, and look good.
Fortnite Battle Royale Chapter 4 Season 1
After the events of Chapter 3's finale, a new Island has formed. Here are just some of the sights you'll encounter in this realm:
In the fourth Chapter of Fortnite's Battle Royale, go forth in a new realm and get around in new ways — ride a dirt bike, roll in a snowball, launch yourself with the Shockwave Hammer, and hurdle over obstacles. Power yourself up with Reality Augments and claim territory for your squad, leaving behind Banners to declare what's yours. And of course, venture with newly-forged weapons.
The New Island: Your Domain... But Also Your Enemies'
Fortify Yourself with Reality Augments
At intervals in your match, you'll be given a randomized choice of two Reality Augments. The longer you remain in the match, the more Reality Augments you'll collect. Reality Augments last until the match's end.
- One of the 22 Day 1 Reality Augments: Light Fingers. Makes your weapons using Light Ammo reload faster.
- One of the 22 Day 1 Reality Augments: Mechanical Archer. Gives you a Mechanical Explosive Blow & Mechanical Shockwave Bow.
- One of the 22 Day 1 Reality Augments: Aerialist. Grants you Glider redeploy for the rest of the match.
- One of the 22 Day 1 Reality Augments: Supercharged. Your vehicles won't consume fuel and they'll have increased Health.
- One of the 22 Day 1 Reality Augments: Soaring Sprints. While sprinting, you'll be able to jump much higher — and jump with lower gravity.
Complete release notes for Season 4 Chapter 1
Recent Fortnite news
Fortnite is featured in...
Software similar to Fortnite 22
Free-to-play multiplayer first-person shooter by Riot Games
FlightGear is an open-source flight simulator. It supports a variety of popular platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.) and is developed by skilled volunteers from around the world.
Show 'em what you're made of in Apex Legends, a free-to-play Battle Royale game where contenders from across the Frontier team up to battle for glory, fame, and fortune.
Garena Free Fire is the ultimate survival shooter game available on mobile. Each 10-minute game places you on a remote island where you are pit against 49 other players, all seeking survival.
More similar downloads