Pros & Cons
The Gears of War franchise has a history of producing epic games with memorable stories. From Dom's search for his wife in the first two games to the breaking of a bond in Gears of War 3 to the passing of the torch to a new generation of Gears the last time out, this series matters because its characters make you care. Along with its welcome gameplay improvements, Gears 5 is a triumphant return for the series.
TechSpot MetascoreBased on 44 expert reviews
User ScoreBased on 16,073 reviews
as rated by users
TechSpot is supported by its audience. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. Learn more.
- Jack is a great companion
- Escape is perfect for aggressive players
- So many modes, something for everyone
- Campaign is brilliant
- Plenty of game modes to keep you busy
- New features add freshness
Reviewers Didn't Like
- Microtransactions don't belong
- One mission is a bit rough
- New features might not appeal to Gears purists
- Jack doesn't have his own execution, seriously?!