Sony Xperia Z3v
Pros & Cons
Sony's latest flagship smartphone, the Xperia Z3, is headed to the US as an exclusive through Verizon Wireless. Aesthetically speaking, the Z3v looks slightly different as it loses the rounded, metal sides in favor of plastic with an aluminum accent strip down the middle. Under the hood is the same quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 clocked at 2.5GHz, 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage. It also includes the same 5.2-inch, 1080p display, 20.7-megapixel rear camera with Sony's Exmor RS sensor, waterproofing treatment and built-in Qi wireless.
TechSpot MetascoreBased on 14 expert reviews
TechSpot is supported by its audience. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. Learn more.
- Fast performance
- Wireless charging is included
- PlayStation 4 Remote Play
- Water and dust proof—mostly life proof
- Excellent front speakers
Reviewers Didn't Like
- Clumsy, dated design
- It’s slightly thicker, longer, and heavier than the Z3 and Z2
- Tons of Verizon carrier bloatware
- Camera can be a bit inconsistent depending on lighting situation